I am presently an Assistant Professor with the G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunications, IIT Kharagpur, India. Prior to this I was a Research Scientist with the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University, Durham, NC. I completed my PhD in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY.
My primary research interests lie in the development of new tools and methodologies, which lie at the intersection of signal processing and statistics to solve complex signal/high-dimensional data processing problems in a principled manner. Primary application areas include multi-sensor systems, wireless communications and bioinformatics.
Recent research topics include:
· Nonparametric Bayesian modeling of high-dimensional heterogeneous data (such as space-time data, genomic data)
· Multi-sensor data fusion
· Distributed detection in wireless sensor networks
· Distributed spectrum sensing in cognitive radio
· Wireless communications, Multi-user detection, HetNets
· Underwater signal detection, Detection in radar systems